Wilson Paper Company
Paper Products and Much Much More!!
Wilson Paper Company was founded in 1934 by Henry Lynch Wilson. Originally from Venus, Texas, Wilson moved to Galesburg in 1934 with his wife, Harriet, who was a native of Galesburg.
Mr. Wilson's introduction to the paper industry began with the Crown-Zellerbach Corp. in the Pacific Northwest, where he worked as a sales representative. Wilson Paper Co. began as a wholesaler of various paper products including wrapping papers, paper bags, paper towels, paper napkins, toilet tissue, paper containers, and other paper items. By the 1950's the company had added soda fountain supplies, school supplies, garment bags and hangers, sweeping compounds, and several other non paper items.
As a wholesale distributor for such large companies as Ft. Howard Paper, International Paper, Kimberly-Clark, Sutherland Paper, Dixie Cup, Keystone Wire, Dennison Manufacturing, Fox River Paper, Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment, Mid-States Gummed Paper, Minnesota Mining and Mfg., Scott Paper, Coca-Cola, and Wilson-Jones, Wilson Paper Co. supplied retailers and printers, industrial, and school accounts in a large trading zone in west central Illinois and southeastern Iowa.